Monday, January 20, 2014

Long journey home

358 miles from Gore America, or approximately 6 hours of drive time is the place where I call home, St. Joseph, Missouri. It is where I was born, raised and lived for the first 28 years of my life. It is where most of my history is, where I have a lot of memories and most importantly it is where my sisters and their families still live.

I don't get to visit nearly as often as I should or as often as I'd like, so when I get the opportunity to go, I'm all in. We left Friday evening and arrived around 11pm and came back Sunday arriving home also around 11pm, so it was a whirlwind trip.

I spent the entire time I was there with the sisters. I have two, both older. Kristen is the oldest and Melissa is the middle child. We all have families and lives that are going by way too fast. But we had a great time catching up.

These are the sisters and me. Kristen on the left and Melissa in the middle.
 
 
Back in October Kristen became a grandma for the first time. Actually she is the first of us girls to have any grandchildren (and yes, I'm jealous). Her granddaughter's name is Kenzlyn and she is beautiful. This was my first time meeting her and I fell in love. If you know me at all, then you know I am not so patiently waiting for a grandchild of my own, but for now I will live vicariously through my sister.
 
 
Kenzlyn O'Meara, I told you she was beautiful!!
 
 
She has the darkest brown eyes and full head of brown hair. My sister is in grandma heaven!
 

Kenzlyn and her daddy, my nephew, my sisters son!
 
The sister's and I didn't always get along perfectly when we were growing up. But then, I'm not sure any siblings really did. It wasn't anything major, we were all 2 1/2 years apart, so there was a lot going on in our house usually at the same time. But as we've gotten older and started our own families we have found a way of really appreciating and enjoying each other. I find myself wishing I was closer to them all the time. I really miss them.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment